Sunday, August 1, 2010

Praise God our Father

First I would like to say that we serve an awesome God who we may trust and answers prayers. I wanted to tell my story because of the miracle of Jax's birth. It may be a bit graphic but I need everyone to know how God changed my life through my son.
It started on a Friday night and I was in a lot of pain. I woke up the next morning and I was bleeding so I went to the doctor. The doctor was able to stop my contractions and did not feel that the bleeding was enough to worry about. He gave me medicine to take to keep me from having anymore contractions. We did not want Jax to be born so early because of all the risks involved. So Sat. I stayed in bed still hurting. Sunday I got up and was again bleeding and having contractions so I went back to the doctor. This time I packed mine and Mattie Grace's bags because something told me I was not coming home. When I went to the emergency room they again gave me stronger medication to stop the contractions. Now at first I was scared because I knew he was coming no matter what they did. But let me tell you that our Father above gave me such a peace that I no longer worried. I know my family and friends thought I was crazy even after Jax was delivered but that peace stayed with me through it all. I can not explain how God put his hands on me and changed my life that day. I know people who say they have been touched by the hand of God but because I have always been so stubborn I had never knew the feeling. I had prayed that God would make Jax a great leader and hopefully a paster some day, and lead many people to God. So knowing that God always answers prayers I had nothing to worry about.

When Jax was delivered the surgeons realized that I had a small abruption in my placenta and had I not delivered Jax that day he would have died. God always knows what he is doing.

Jax was doing so good at NEGA and at 3 lbs and 9 oz (I tried to tell u he was a big baby) lol. We praised the Lord and gave much thanks especially to all that was praying for him. Now when they told us he was sick and would have to have surgery I almost lost my faith. This was a very scary time for us because the doctors told us he could die. Being told this as a mother was the hardest thing I have ever had to live with. While Jax went through his first surgery I was reading my bible and opened it up to this verse. "Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations" Jeremiah 4-5 Now tell me we do not serve a Great God. Every day I would read this verse to Jax to remind myself mainly that God has great plans for my little boy. The second surgery was the hardest because if there was anymore infection they did not have anything to remove and he would defiantly not make it. I prayed during this time that God would send me that peace back because the devil was taking over my head. And guess what HE DID! When we went in after the surgery the surgeon told us that he could not believe that what they could save was the most important parts. I hugged the surgeon and told him thank you for saving my child. His response was it was not me that saved him. The surgeon even knew that God had his hand in this. I do not know how to express the changes that God has made in my life and how grateful I am that our Lord and savior is always with us. Thank you for all your prayers because they have been heard.

4 comments:

  1. This is awsome!!!! Yes PRAISE THE LORD!!For all he has done and for all he is going to do.We LOVE YOU JAX!!!!Can't wait to see you. Aunt Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,

    Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I was fighting back tears as I read it. What an emotional roller coaster you have been on. Just your testimony alone will touch the lives of others that you come in contact with and are able to share this amazing story. Our amazing Savior has lots of plans in store for little Jax. This is just a speed bump that the Lord will see him through! We are praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post has already touched so many. I can't wait to see what God has in store for Jax!! We are continuing to pray and can't wait for you to be able to get him home!


    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete